Monday, April 25, 2011

Exam project

I'm going to try something different for this year's exam project. Your exam will be decided by YOU. I'm going to leave this project totally open. You will decide what your final project will be, and therefore what your exam grade will be. Keep in mind that I will be grading these like exams and I will scrutinize them to make sure you are doing good work, hard work and your OWN work.

Some examples would be: pick several tutorials to try out (the more you do, the better your grade), do a totally digital self portrait NOT using a photo of yourself, creating a nature scene from scratch using Adobe Illustrator, etc. You can pick ANYTHING you want, but keep in mind that these are your exam grades. Pick something with some level of difficulty.

This will be an exercise for me to see what you're made of. If you pick something easy, I will know you aren't giving this class 100% and your grade will reflect that. It is also an exercise to show me your judgement and what sort of decision-maker you are. This is an important skill when continuing on into the following classes.

So, knock me out with your choices! You will have tonight's class and Wednesday's class to work on them, but they are due before you leave class on Wednesday. You will probably need some homework time to finish them up. Don't be lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment