Monday, April 4, 2011

Working on your own to learn

This week, I'm going to try something new. Up until now, you have been relying on your textbook or my teaching to learn the techniques you've been using. Now, I want you to head out on your own, search the world wide web and find some other sites that might help you learn some new techniques. I won't always be around to guide you in the direction you need, so you must learn how to find your own way and pick up the skills you may need in the future.

This week, you are going to find THREE different tutorials from three DIFFERENT places and complete them. I want these to be semi-advanced to advanced tutorials, NOT weaksauce, entry-level tutorials. These should take you some time to complete. We will work on them all night in class tonight, and I will be giving you input on your choices (and let you know if they are hard enough.) Though, I WON'T be telling you specifically WHAT to do, nor will I tell you where to find it. This is an exercise in exploration!

We'll see how these go tonight. If you all are picking really nice tutorials that take more time, I will give you until the end of class on Wednesday to complete them. If you pick quick, easy tutorials, I may make you do more than three. Probably more like 10, so don't mess around! Challenge yourself and learn something new!

HOMEWORK:
• Choose three different tutorials on the web
• Can be using Photoshop -or- Illustrator
• Each tutorial MUST be from a different website
• Each tutorial MUST be for a different technique.
• You will turn in the ORIGINAL files for each (PSDs or AI files.)

No comments:

Post a Comment